1. All foreign nationals (Except Countries in alert 11) who have obtained the necessary approvals from the Foreign Ministry of Sri Lanka to arrive, also eligible to apply for Business ETA for short term Business matters.Other non-tourist short visits should apply an ETA with the Approval of Foreign Ministry before arrive to Sri Lanka.
2. Quarantine procedure and other compulsory requirements should be arranged by the applicants according to the prevailing guidelines issued by the Health Ministry of Sri Lanka.
3. Applicants should be sent following documents to email@example.com by an email for the processing of ETA applications.
• Entry permission has been given by the Foreign Ministry of Sri Lanka.
• ETA Acknowledgement Notice.
• Passport copy/copies
• Request letter
4. ETA will only be approved upon entry permission issued by the Foreign Ministry of Sri Lanka.
Alert 13 (2021.08.21 00:00)
Only Fully Vaccinated Indian tourists and international tourists arriving from India are permitted to apply for Tourist ETA. Non-Vaccinated or Partially Vaccinated travellers are not considered.
Alert 12 (2021.08.21 00:00)
Applicable for all nationals except alert 11
1. Reserve a safe and secure certified Level 01 hotel approved by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) due to prevailing Covid-19 pandemic situation for quarantine purposes.
Please visit www.srilanka.travel\helloagain for Level 01 hotel reservations and other compulsory requirements.
2. Apply for Tourist ETA by online through official ETA Portal of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka. (www.eta.gov.lk)
3. Tourist ETA will only be approved upon recommendation made by the SLTDA with regard to the pre-confirmed booking at a safe and secure certified Level 01 hotel and other compulsory requirements.
4. Approval Notice of ETA will be sent by an email to the applicant, who have obtained that approval notice will only be allowed to board the flight and land in Sri Lanka for the genuine purpose of tourism.
5. ETA fee is a processing fee and that will not be refunded and transferred at any condition.
6. As well as, on arrival ETA will not be issued to any tourist under any circumstances.
Alert 11 (2021.01.16 00:00)
Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Ghana
Visitors from Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Ghana, who intend to apply ETA may apply through Sri Lankan sponsor for their ETA from the Head Office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration Sri Lanka.